Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The time in Ishikawa

So apart from biking around ishikawa-ken till my thighs went on vacation after finishing up I'd like to mention what I learned about Japanese shrines as we traveled around. First of all there are alot of em, like every 2-3kms theres roughly the same kind of shrine for the local area. The actual shrines are often in the middle of a small forest so the best way to spot them out is the gate that is visible on the outskirts of the forest. Most shrines are very well maintained with one exception I found while I was tracting in the eastern section of the Noto region. I have some photos but for lack of time I didn't actually make it to the shrine the footing was treacherous and I don't like spiders. That unkept shrine really intrigued me because it was an oddity I really want to find out the story behind why it was left un-maintained.

Alen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment